Forms Archive   Articles Archive    Federal Links   State Links  IRS Tax Center



Welcome to the IRS Tax Center

 Links and services provided to you directly from the Internal Revenue Service


IRS Forms and Publications

Need an IRS form or publication?

Talk With the IRS

Contact My Local Office

IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers are your one-stop resource for face-to-face tax help and solutions to tax problems, every business day.


Taxpayer Advocate Service

The Taxpayer Advocate is an independent organization within the IRS.  They help taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS and recommend changes that will prevent the problems.


Starting, Operating or Closing a Business

Whether you are a budding entrepreneur, or an established business owner, you will find everything you need to start and manage your business venture.,,id=110417,00.html


Business Taxes

The form of business you operate determines what taxes you must pay and how you pay them.,,id=98966,00.html

Getting Started

Tax Information for Businesses

If you run a small business or are self-employed, the IRS web site offers a wide variety of information to help you.


Checklist for Starting a Business

This checklist provides the basic steps you should follow to start a business.,,id=98810,00.html


Business Structures

When beginning a business, you must decide what structure to use. Legal and tax considerations enter into this decision.,,id=98359,00.html


Employer ID Numbers (EINs)

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EIN.,,id=98350,00.html


Online Application - Form SS-4, Employer Identification Number (EIN)

Apply online for the Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number.,,id=102767,00.html


Businesses with Employees

Information about hiring, recordkeeping, and other topics for business owners with employees.,,id=98862,00.html


Independent Contractors vs. Employees

Before you can determine how to treat payments you make for services, you must first know the business relationship that exists between you and the person performing the services.,,id=99921,00.html


Employment Taxes for Small Business

If you have employees, you are responsible for Federal Income Tax Withholding, Social Security and Medicare taxes and Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA).,,id=98942,00.html


IRS Withholding Calculator

This easy-to-use calculator can help you figure your employees’ Federal Income Tax Withholding so you can withhold the correct amount from their pay.,,id=96196,00.html


Retirement Plans for Small Businesses

Are you looking for information on employee retirement plans in order to provide better service to all your employees?,,id=97203,00.html